Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Heart


I had a pretty good weekend, folks. How about you?

I didn't get much headway with the paper grading (still 30-something to get done by tomorrow evening), which probably has at least a little bit to do with contributing to the weekend going well.

Saturday I wasn't able to get the kids and myself out to HeroClix because I spent the day with Chrissy working on the Mustang. Thanks so much to her generosity and hard work we've got the alternator, serpentine belt, battery and battery cables replaced. It runs again, woot! Now I just need to pay its tags, replace the tires, the vandalized windshield wipers and have all its fluids changed and checked and we'll be set with a car that'll get us through the summer. So long as I pass all my classes this semester, my student loans in September'll be going toward something new and more suitable to a large family.

Thanks again, Chrissy.

We went to a birthday party, had some barbecue, played a couple hours of cards and thus ended Saturday.

Sunday the kids and I surprised Denise with breakfast in bed. Had a little us time and came to an agreement on the name should mystery child #4 prove male (we're still haggling over the female version of mystery child #4). Then we did the usual weekend nerdgaming.

And now I have the coming week to look forward to: papers to grade over the next two days, finals today and Wednesday, hoping to be able to pay the aforementioned tags (cross fingers for low late fees) and get the 'Stang finished this week. . .

Onward and upward.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I was more than happy to put a little elbow grease into helping a friend, I know you would've and have done the same for me...

I don't know if you forgot or are deliberately not putting in the name of male mystery child #4, but it is not there!!

C

Adj said...

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out Chrissy as I'm dying to know what the name choices are. Evan, you and Denise come up with just the most wonderful, original names and its always a treat hearing your ideas!

Unknown said...

I probably won't share them until Denise and I reach consensus on mystery child #4's female possibility name. Soon.
Apparently she got me to ok a really snore middle name but it must have been in my sleep, so we're working on it.

Aimee said...

Cameron was just pestering me about names the other night, you know, for that phantom sibling he's decided I must give him. I think I managed to set him straight on the chances of that ever happening but who knows?