Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Groundhog Day


Groundhog day has come and gone and I neglected to find out if the little prognosticator decreed we would have a longer winter. I do know it's been truly effing cold and dreary and I am ready for some sunshine already. My favourite lesbian at work was talking about how she hated the movie Groundhog Day and I chimed in that it was to that movie that Denise and I began our relationship (a topic I don't actually think of much, as our getting together was also attached to a bad memory of losing a friend. . .and I haven't seen the movie since). She then made me do a spit-take by asking if we "were what, chasing the same guy?"

Work has been stressful, what with employees constantly calling in sick, various inspections past and pending, and, of course, the customers. Always the customers. I think some of our customers are the craziest lot of mouth breathers in the world, but some of them are fairly nice too, so I'll be ceasing the bitching, for the moment anyway.

If you're waiting with baited breath for news on my cancer check-up: everything was still clear, so I have another yearlong furlough until I have to go in for testing again. Denise was even nice enough to remember to tell me the good news a whole two days after they called and told her for me.

Aeia turned eight on Monday. Eight. Wow. It's hard sometimes to remember she was the baby that the doctors told us to expect to lose. And now she's eight. Fo' shizzle.

I watched Juno last night. I'm still digesting it. I think it bothered me that Jason Bateman and Michael Cera were in a movie together so soon and not playing father and son. I liked the movie, though, just not sure yet how much. I'm still thinking about it (to steal lines from Cammie stealing lines from Lash).

Ugh, there is dried grease particles in my hair. Fucking gross.

Word to your mothers.

4 comments:

Adj said...

Yay to no cancer! Yay to Aeia's birthday (good lord 8. I still remember you calling to tell us she'd arrived safe and sound). Yay to you seeing Juno! Didja hear that they're seriously talking about making an Arrested Development movie? I think that warrants another yay!

No yay to weather though. We got DUMPED on again yesterday. We haven't had this much snow in a long time, there's like 20 cm of it (umm, that's nearly 8 inches I think). At least today is sunny and not too cold, but I've had it with snow.

Unknown said...

ugh, I actually really dislike snow; so far it's the only thing I've encountered that was too cold.

An Arrested Development movie? News to me but that would be dreamy.

Drew said...

Yah to Aeia's birthday!
She's a really sweetie.
Hope a good time was had by all( one of these days I'm going to have to write down ALL your clan's b'days...)

I myself liked Groundhog Day but sometimes I think I'm a sap.

And I've thought of being an annoying customer at Popeyes, but it's hard for me to be annoying. Basically at Popeye's they have a 'deal wheel' where they try to get you to ROUND up to the next dollar by offering you a deal on a random menu item. I've often thought of telling them to 'spin the wheel' again as I wouldn't mind giving them 70 odd cents for a deal on biscuts( love the buscits) but pass whenever the deal is on red beans and rice or some other crap...

And I think Adj got more snow then Beantown but I'm ready for a nice day or two... esp as I hated waiting for the bus while it snowed yesterday.

Lastly I couldn't bring myself to see Juno for the same reason I couldn't bother with 'knocked up' I feel it's hollywood embracing the idea that abortion is OFF the table. I mean I KNEW that they wouldn't abort JD's kid on scrubs, but I was very happy that they at least presented it as a choice( though I do think they couched the language).

Unknown said...

Abortion is actually the first thing they put on the table with Juno and preachyness isn't the statement it made when she decided not to abort.