
A couple weeks ago Tasmia had her regular baby check-up and they detected a heart murmur, so today was the echocardiogram to test whether the murmur is a problem or not (again, not there due to Burger Emporium not giving me the time off requested). I hadn't mentioned any of it here before because I didn't want to put it out there and give Denise more to fret over. So anyway, they won't have an answer as to what the echo showed until next week, so we still wait wait wait, but with less fretting under the assumption that if there was something overly worrisome, it would have shown in their reactions. Anyway, good vibes and all that jazz please.
Rael is fine, thanks.
Lash's regular baseball season is over,but his team did well enough that they're in the local play-offs (play-off record of 1-1, two losses will eliminate them). He's still enjoying them greatly and work has kept me from viewing as many as I'd have liked.
The kids finished school today. Both did spectacular on their report cards. Next year Lash will be in 6th and Aeia 3rd grade. Lash had a great time at Whiskeytown Environmental Camp too. Groovy.
I'm working on a couple new writing pitches with another company in mind--spreading out my writing search.
Rock Band is still my mistress but some of its idiosyncrasies leave me a little ambivalent. My band with John and Brian is named "The Gay Cabelleros" and Microsoft chimed in when we selected this to let us know that the name was unacceptable for online/community standards and we wouldn't be able to play on XboxLive without changing the band name (we haven't, and I rock it hard with my pink chaps and cowboy hat). Then, when Aeia was singing "This ain't a scene, it's an arms race" by Fall Out Boy, I realized another quirky censorship issue of theirs: in the chorus when he repeatedly sings "god damn arms race" Rock Band has "god" deleted, it's just a silent vocal beat there, but "damn" is still there. Funny, not ha-ha, to me as I would have prefered Aeia not saying "damn" over her saying "god." Funky. All of the songs are radio edits (which is no different from Guitar Hero), so no "so fucking special" in "Creep," etc.
Still, extremely super fun and addicting. Just waiting for EA to send me my replacement for the defective guitar that came with it; thankfully the GH guitar works with Rock Band (but not vice-versa, grr).
Work. . .blows. And we've added more things to the menu that I won't eat.
Old friend Adam is coming up for a visit this weekend, am looking forward to some groovy hang-out time, see the Hulk, go buy another auction car. Good times.
1 comment:
Fingers crossed that all is well with Tasmia.
Still having touble grasping the idea that Lash is in grade 6...
I loved "I'm Not There".
Say hi to Adam for me, I haven't talked to him in ages!
Post a Comment