Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Silent Hill


This past Saturday I got my nipples pierced. It hurt. A lot. Very few other pains in life that I have experienced do I recall hurting more. I'd rather sport an eyebrow piercing but, well, that would make me less employable. Interestingly enough, my piercer turned out to be someone I already knew IRL, my friend Bandito's band-mate Dirty Jim. "I got my nipples pierced by Dirty Jim" doesn't exactly sound the safest, eh?

Saturday I also invited a coworker to join our regular Rock Band get-together, and she brought one of her friends. And J&J both were fairly ogling and gawky. I hadn't the heart to tell them that the ladies were gay (so very many of my Burger Workers are. An unusually large percentage of the population). All had a blast, as usual.

Retrieved Lash & Aeia from my grandmother on Sunday. Both had a fantastic time on their trip & I'm glad they got to have this special family time they normally don't get as much of. Things are quickly back to noisy normal here.

Work still sucks, but they convinced me to stay (ok, Denise did) and I will continue looking in earnest for something better. Sigh. Denise has some tests she needs to take tomorrow for job qualifications of her own. Loots of luck being wished on that one.

The wildfires here in northern California continue to blaze. There has been very little of this summer that's been smoke-free and safe for the kids to play outside, swim, etc. This is frustrating. I've friends with homes in danger, and this worries me (we had some stay with us one night while they were evacuated. I can't imagine how horrible the feeling is for them). I just want the fires to end. There's been so much ash and smoke thick in the air for so long that I'm beginning to feel like I live in Silent Hill. And it's very hard on me and my incomplete set of lungs as well. Sigh.

I have tomorrow off. A little job searching and some decent r&r would be nice.

Next time...

No comments: