Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Click


So far today we've seen two black-outs/brown-outs whatever they're called these days, at Casa de Peterson. While not fun, especially when you have to re-set so many clocks (why oh why do we have so many clocks?), it's even less fun for the kids who freak out when the house suddenly goes pitch black on them (though it somehow made Tasmia decide it was time for bed, for which I'm grateful).

The other thing I hate about powerloss? Powersurges when they come back on. Despite being connected through surge protectors, this power outtage seems to have killed Lash's television. If I want to allow him video game time as a reward for doing chores, homework, just being awesome, I need to look for a new tv for him. TV was perfectly good before too. Damn. Now when you plug it in it just clicks over and over again constantly. Le sigh. I think the surge may have damaged my wireless router too, as it seems to crap out about every half hour or so now (and if it happens mid-posting of this I will kill).

Grr, argh.

At least I was planning to do another big culling of old comic books in my quest for an hd tv this weekend. If I ever get close enough to that, I can always give Lash the tv in the family room. Crossing fingers (a big wish there, comics are so fickle in how lucrative they;ll be on ebay).

No comments: