So without further comment, ADJ's annual, year end meme:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
That I'm willing to share here? Prior to 2008, I'd never retracted a work resignation; I've never sued someone before 2008 either.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I no longer make New Years' resolutions. See my previous post.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes.
5. What countries did you visit?
This year was 100% California.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Peace.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Geez, I don't even remember the specific date, but late Fall when I got the call about my grandmother.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Did I achieve anything this year? Being more gracious.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't start writing my book.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing more than the usual and chronic ongoing yuckiness.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Nothing has given more consistent value and fun for its cost than Rock Band, but just because I lusted for one for so long, the PS3 goes here.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I find a lot more joy in Rael's this year. Does that count?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
John's.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Buying and repairing the Escort (ok, rent for the year was the most rent)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Not a lot, I've felt pretty dead inside this year. There were good shiney exciting feelings: Cammie's visit, Chris' return, kids' birthdays & holidays.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I don't think I could pick just one, or three.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
Sadder.
ii. Thinner or fatter?
'Bout the same really.
iii. richer or poorer?
'Bout the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Laughed.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Work.
20. How many one-night stands?
Zero.
21. What was your favourite TV program?
Pushing Daisies
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is an extreme emotion I reserve for three people, none of which were new to the list this year.
23. What was the best book you read?
Goodness, unlike last year, I really didn't do much reading this year. I've been re-reading the Iron Tower trilogy by Dennis McKiernan, which I do enjoy, and I've begun reading the Rachel Morgan and Mercy Thompson (these are the characters, not the authors) series, both of which I enjoyed. I continue to start and not finish Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
She & Him, and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
25. What did you want and not get?
(Game show announcer voice) A Brand New Car! Respect in job.
26. What was your favourite film of this year?
Tropic Thunder, Once, Juno.
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
34 this year. Nothing special happened on my birthday this year. I was supposed to be at burger university but that got canceled, so I worked, and had to deal with a surprise corporate inspection on my birthday.
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
When not working, I dress for comfort, and occasional whimsy.
29. What kept you sane?
The kids, Saturday get-togethers.
30. Who did you miss?
More than anything/one, my grandmother.
31. Who was the best new person you met?
My gut answer to this doesn't count, because Cammie wasn't really new. And all the truly "new" people I've met have been fairly superficial, either "friends" on Facebook or new coworkers. Of them, I like Holly and Alex the most, respectively.
32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Sometimes it's really hard, but really right, to just shut the fuck up.
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you all right man? You haven't written on this blog for a few days now? What's going on?
Post a Comment