I'm feeling pretty bored/boring lately, sorry. I know it's been a while. My inner narcissist wants to whine that almost no one has mentioned any lack of writing. . .but my inner narcissist is a douche bag.
My last post was written while I was on my vacation. Pretty much every day and night of vacation went very well for me, very pleasant, mostly enjoyable, spending a lot of time with the kids, Denise and Chris, playing Rock Band, taking naps, visiting Chrissy, having sleepovers, etc. Good times.
I both saw and read Wanted for the first time in the past two weeks. Dare I say I prefer the movie? The comic just read as more of the same anti-hero, celebrate the villain deconstructionist bullshit we've already had too much of in comics since Watchmen and Dark Knight came out in the 1980s. The movie, while a far cry from being awesome, had more redeemable qualities and characters.
Speaking of Watchmen, I'm supposed to get out and see it this Friday with Chris for his birthday. Right now I still don't know if my work schedule is going to permit this. We're hoping. Right now there are other considerations weighing on me as well. We'll see. I wonder how many people are going to ignore the fact this movie is R rated and take their kids to see it because it's a "superhero" movie and then wail about the damage Billy Crudup's giant blue penis did to their kids' psyches in public. My warning to you: parents don't take your kids to see Watchmen.
Work frustrates me so much I'm constantly on the verge of walking off the job. The only thing that stops me is my responsibilities to my family and the continuing lack of other prospects in the area.
I've lost a few pounds, but I don't know where--as I don't look a single bit leaner.
What else. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't say that I enjoyed Wanted the movie more than I did the comic, but then I can't say I really enjoyed the comic past issue three or so. I dug the aspect of the villains having taken over and running the world from behind the scenes. I also liked the how the Joker character was completely bat sh&t insane and that the comic showed how evil societies really cannot work together because they will destroy themselves. But the ending, and the moments leading up to the ending kind of put me off.
The movie, while interesting for what it was, I found to be just a big piece of schlock. What one wants in a summer blockbuster? Sure, but I found it completely ridiculous (and that would be okay if I were entertained by it, but sadly I was not).
I am scared about the Watchmen movie. I have seen a few clips and they don't inspire much reaction in me other than meh. I don't want it to suck, and I am not going into the theater with the attitude that it will, but I have a dislike for Zach Snyder (with the exception of the Dawn of the Dead remake because that was all right--even though I much prefer the original). I'm mostly basing this off of 300 which was a fine action flick, if you want all your action slowed down and then slowed down some more so that the first slomo seems like it's in real time.
I do not necessarily want the Bourne Series/Batman Begins/Dark Knight Returns where it is hard to see any of the action, but I do want to feel like I am watching a fight. I've seen the prison break "action" scene clip for the Watchmen, and it is slow and uninteresting. To me, this does not bode well for the action scenes in the movie. Of course I could be wrong, and I hope that I am, and regardless I will be there in the theater in Praha (on Thursday cause we get it a day early, ha eat THAT USA) ready to be blown away, but also ready for disappointment in the hopes that I will enjoy it and that it won't be as bad as I think it could be (which is fing terrible).
Post a Comment