Thursday, September 17, 2009

Breathing Out

There are times where our current situation leaving me uncomfortable with being 100% candid in a public forum really drags on me, most especially when I feel an intense need to vent personal frustrations and don't have a private outlet for doing so. If I'm pissed with Denise I can't vent to her about it, and haven't been venting here. If I'm pissed with a close friend, I likewise can't vent to them. It's very encumbering. I often feel as if I can't honestly be myself anymore, the most mundane aspect of my life a possible object of intense scrutiny and misrepresentation, leaving me with the most banal forms of expression. It's encumbering and on days like today where I really feel great amounts of frustration that I need to vent, it gets to be a little demoralizing and increasingly frustrating.

4 comments:

Ian said...

why can't you vent to people? I know it may be uncomfortable, but is that all that is stopping you because if so it's time to stop fucking that chicken and let those feelings go. You maybe don't need to let them all go at once (though I realize it is hard to stop once one gets going on a good rant), but you do need to let them out to see the light of day. I think it help you feel better, and while it may strain relationships for a little while, I think that ultimately it will strengthen said relationships.
Anyway, good to see you writing some more.

Chris said...

What he said=)

Unknown said...

Chris, you already knew the answer to Ian's question before this response and how it has nothing to do with hurting anyone's feelings by being too blunt and everything to do with avoiding saying anything anyone would try to twist and use against my family.

Chris said...

Okay=)