
Sometimes I'm really thrown by Rael and his seeming uncanny prescience. Sometimes it's even a little scary. There have been more than a few occasions where I've picked Rael up from school and in the middle of getting him buckled in his car chair and all of the "how did you like school today"s he'll turn to me and interrupt with a "Daddy, are you mad at so-and-so?" Almost every single time he's done this has been a time where I was unhappy with 'so-and-so' but was never in the moment with that where it would indicate to him he should even be in the same neighborhood of knowing.
But even that isn't what really throws me. What throws me is the relationship he has with "grampa"--my grandfather. Rael often has a story for me of the fun things they do together--especially all of their fishing trips and the big fish they catch. Or of grampa's pet dog and cats. Or the stories of how grampas sad because gramma died, and she died in their house. Rael, at three years old, met my grandfather for the first and only time and only for maybe the inside of twenty minutes on the day I met them to drop off Lash and Aeia for their visit with them. He's never been fishing, much less with grampa (and yet grampa IS a very serious fisherman) or interacted with their pets. Nor has he ever been told the circumstances of my grandma's passing.
These are the situations where Rael throws me, scares me, a little. Do I chalk it up to an imaginary friend (relative) even when all of his details in this friendship are spot-on for a real person?
I'm going to just leave it at "Rael is a very special child"--as are all of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment