Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday

Thirteen years ago, during a one day visit from two of my oldest friends who were visiting from out of country, and already significantly past his original due date, my oldest child Lash ushered his way into this world. He arrived perfectly healthy, and his mother almost died from internal hemorrhaging such that every subsequent pregnancy was always a great concern to me (and rightly such as each subsequent pregnancy had serious difficulties). Because we had arranged gaming session for our visiting friends, all of our gaming group, the aforementioned friends, our roommate Dale and then my mother and sister were all in attendance to welcome him into the world.

I'd like to say I don't feel as if I've drastically failed Lash as a father these past thirteen years. That's what I'd like to say. It's been such a rough life for him so far and I wish so much for an easier road for him ahead.

1 comment:

Adj said...

While I completely understand while you feel the way you do, I would like to say I don't feel that you've failed him, as I think you've done (and are still doing) everything you can and are still there to love and support him. Have others failed Lash? Oh definitely. And so I likewise wish him much happiness and an easier road.