I just want to start by saying that, especially given all the circumstances, I've been pretty darn good this year. Last year for Christmas, a year I had been feeling even better about, the kids and I were served a whopping serving of heartbreak and feelings of betrayal and the shattering of our family unit. In the year since then, we've endured the struggle to remain a strong and loving family, the realized fear of abduction, absolute poverty, medically insane flatmates and a growing appreciation for our inner strength and ability to come back together as a family.
This year, do you think you could work on dropping off a little happiness? I've already handled the whole presents-for-kids situation--just send the kids the ability to find happiness on the anniversary of their mom's decision to jack things up; give them the ability to be happy with the holiday again, and to be able to enjoy it with each of their parents.
I could go for some happiness too. As much as I'd like, I won't ask for meteors (that's a request I continue to reserve for The Universe) or a booty call. My brother Jeremy says I should ask you for the red limited edition Wii anniversary bundle I want so there you go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment