I've been struggling with the decision as to what to do about this blog.
Having the time and inclination to write hasn't actually been a problem. I've been needing to figure out whether or not it would be best to keep this lot going or to shut it down and start somewhere new. If I stay here, do I keep it set to "invited readers only" or open it back up? I can't seem to get past the deadlock in my brain as to what I should do in this regard.
Thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Open or closed,I don't know Mr. Sweet Water. If you need more space to write and put your thoughts out there then go for it. :)
Do you want it to be about your inner turmoil, private family disasters, and the strength you and the kids repeatedly display to overcome those things? Or do you want to write television and lit reviews, with the occasional shaded reference to private life? Is shade and sweet water a place to share private tales with with close friends, or share mass media thoughts? Is it a tool to help keep you writing and thinking about stories, or a tool to keep you sane and grounded?
I like reading your and Ian's reviews of TV shows I don't watch. Mostly reminds me to keep not watching them, but helps me sound smart in front of people that do watch them. Maybe the blogging will pick up with Joss Whedons next project.
Thanks "Unknown" (be you B, K, M, J...)
And that's part of the issue--this blog has long been an outlet for all of these things. It started out as a place to share my life, sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes banal. I don't think I can have it exist as just one or the other (though I can avoid going overboard on the Denise bits as I have a private journal for cataloging her varied missteps, abuses and whatnot). Moving this forward will still be me being personal, me being ridiculous, me griping about tv, movies and comic books. I appreciate knowing what people WANT to read, so this helps a little so far.
Thanks.
Post a Comment