Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Shaun of the Dead

So, I've seen Shaun of the Dead (due out in theaters September 24th) and am very impressed.

Ever see one of those older, 80s zombie movie crapfests that are just too funny because they suck so much? Thankfully, not the case here. Shaun's funny in all the right ways--because it's a freaking comedy and the comedy of the movie works really well in this horror flick gone awry.

From the opening sequence in the Winchester (the pub he frequents), to the scene where he tries to convince his mom to let him rescue her and not step-dad, to the reality-sports footage at the end... the show never disappointed.

Zombies are definitely my favorite horror genre, and I'd been thinking I wouldn't see another good one until Romero's Land of the Dead comes out. Now, can't wait to see a less-grainy Shaun when it hits theaters in three weeks.

Definitely fabulous, and funny in a good way.

No comments: