Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Out of Work

Well, as it turns out, students who are enrolled in fewer than 3 units a term (as I am, while on adjunct enrollment status) are not allowed to work for the University. Apparently, the fact that I worked for the University while adjunctly enrolled last semester was some sort of miraculous fluke. So now I have no job in the English Department (those poor Freshmen will have to learn how to write a sentence in high school now or something) and my boss in the Agriculture Department is trying to convince the Dept. to hire me as an independant contractor so that he doesn't have to replace me. One good thing from this: as an English Masters Candidate, it warms my heart to be treated as someone who is indespensible by the Ag. Dept. such that they'll try to loophole the system in hopes of not losing me. It's too bad my own departmental peers lack that level of confidence and loyalty.

Meanwhile, I dodged the Boy Scouts bullet with Lash again this past week. Quite evilly of me, I denied his Scouting request as partial punishment for his fighting at school and explained to him that Scouting would be something he has to prove himself responsible enough to be a part of and he'll have to show good behaviour from now until next recruitment drive before I'll consider it again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

testing