Thursday, February 03, 2005

God Bless the BBC America

I do so love the BBC show Coupling. It's a rather blatant rip-off slash merging of Friends and Sex in the City, only it's actually funny. Last night's Jane subplot where she falls for the Christian guy and joins his support group, only to explain to the group that God is fictional, and regionally fictional at that (as he's different in different regions) and then waxes poetic about how sexy the god Thor is with his muscles and his blonde hair and his hammer... I don't know. The show left me positively giddy.

Ditto last night's Daily Show with the bobble-head Steve Colbert.

Moving on to tonight's new episode of CSI... for four seasons now I've been harping about how unstable Sarah Sidle is when it comes to domestic violence cases and it only now finally gets brought up? And I appreciate finally being let in on her big secret, but I find it hard to believe that her superiors wouldn't have already had much of that information beforehand. Parents murdering each other must show up on some sort of psyche profile when you join the police academy, I'd hope anyway.

No comments: