Saturday, March 19, 2005

Crap on a Stick

I went out with the Chrises and watched Ring 2 tonight. What an utter piece of garbage. Sure, by sequel law it would have to be an inferior picture, but it’s really far up there on the scale of awful movies. It starts off completely ignoring the rules established in the first movie when Samara kills a teenager who had made a copy of the film in order to save himself (now you have to make a copy and get someone to watch the copy or you die). From there it goes downhill really far, really fast into a poorly executed parable on motherhood and sacrifice. The one shining thing about the film is that I didn’t pay to see it, as the Chrises ponied up the $7.50 before I could reach the ticket booth.

Top 5 Worst Movies of All Time:
1. Highlander 2
2. Ring 2
3. Blair Witch 2
4. Hangman’s Curse (lest you think they’re ALL sequels)
5. Open Water

No comments: