Saturday, March 12, 2005

Green Envy

Out and about downtown today with Lash, we went out and got haircuts and then tried finding new parking downtown in order to hit a couple stores. I'd forgotten how densely crowded downtown is on early Saturdays, in good part due to farmer's market. I should consider stopping sleeping in on the weekends.

Anyhow, was greatly annoyed to see an open parking space in the public parking, only to find that half of the space is actually occupied by an SUV driven by what must have been a half blind person, as the damned vehicle took up two parking spaces without actually filling either. At the very least s/he should have had to pay both meters for the parking spaces.

Eventually we found parking elsewhere and were able to hoof our way tyo the various shops I wanted to hit. The first one had mysteriously disappeared in the six months since the last time I'd shopped there. This sucked as only two stores (that I know of) have the green hair dye I need-this store and a more expensive one. Since this one had cloaked or something, I had to get new dye at the not as cheap store. Then we dropped by BaT Comics to chat with Ian before grabbing some lunch and heading home.

Today I am freshly green again. I tried a new bleach (my hair is too dark to make green without first making it blonde) and it barely made my scalp itch with irritation. I'm definitely using this brand again. I should take a new headshot for my profile. Hopefully I'll remember to light it better as well.

No comments: