Sunday, July 03, 2005

Surgery

Ok, saw the surgeon again on Friday and I now have the date: Friday July 15th at 6am. Remembered to ask him how often he's done this and his response was that he hasn't kept track, but that he'd already done three such surgeries that week alone, as he does tham all the time. Also learned that if he does end up having to take the entire lung, my chances of dying shoot up from 2-4% to 14% so I'm really counting on not losing the entire lung.

I'll be leaving instructions with Denise so that she can notify lots of people about the surgery's outcome when the time comes. I'll also be asking my man Drew to announce the outcome on his blog for those of you who read this and are curious and aren't e-mailed, especially as I'll be away from posting for at the very least a week after the surgery.

No comments: