Watched this documentary on Showtime or HBO called Same Sex America which followed the stories of a select few people during the legalizing of gay marriage in Massachusetts. Really, it wasn't very compelling. Don't get me wrong, I'm pro gay marriage, just the film itself was more than a tad bland.
Except this one guy. Now, I normally roll my eyes at certain hypocricies--like those folks, usually the highly religious ones, but not always, who go on and on about how much love they have for homosexuals (and especially for the ones they know personally) but outright hate everything about them that has anything to do with their sexuality (love the sinner, hate the sin...utter b.s.). I mean, you just can't have both, in my opinion. It's not possible for me to believe you can love a person without accepting them.
But what really took the cake for me, which is the only reason I'm blogging about it, is there was one hypocrite in particular who was going on and on about how he would always oppose gay marriage for the abomination it is, even though he has close gay friends who cares about deeply and is saddened that he won't likely be invited to their wedding. What the f*, man? If it were me, why on earth would I want your ass at my wedding if I knew you were opposed to the very concept of my marriage with every fiber of your being? This dude really took the cake.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment