
I'm bogged down by homework (and CSU, Chico doesn't give us today's holiday off) but wanted to do a posting drive-by to assure anyone who cares that the bad mood isn't so bad anymore (mostly that I'm not pissed at everything and nothing at once).
Also, found out this weekend that Kenn married Ellie and want to extend my heartfelt cyber congratulations their way.
Oh, and did anyone catch the Legion of Super Heroes this weekend? It focuses on the Legion of Substitute Heroes and was sweet.
6 comments:
Sorry you didn't have a day off... My was indeed crap filled- as I might blog tomorrow. basically all of the whiney kids and their parents came to the museum to spend money and yell.
Yeah, oddly enough I caught legion. I thought it was better then usual- but that's because I'm not a huge fan of the animated series and liked seeing Matter Eater Lad show up.
Go on and try to tell me that his eating the alein wasn't GREAT!
I liked the subs, but didn't really like Star Finger as he just was a bit TOO much. I guess that's because I know that LL was Star finger at one point.
Plus again the absence of Light Lass was felt when they had Star Boy( who oddly looks like the current reboot even though everybody else looks more old school), they should have Light Lass. Even though she's not my FAVORITE legionaire- I really think that it's like having a JLA without Martian Manhunter... Lightning Lad NEEDS his twin sister- as does Star Boy.
Matter eater lad (this was his second appearance) was great. Loved his eating the bad guys.
Why does Star Boy need Light Lass? Is it just because of the opposite nature of their powers?
The first two versions dated Dream Girl, the latest no one.
Me, I of course await Karate Kid, and wish we get more than just cameos for Collossal Boy soon
yeah it's the yin/yang of Star Boy and Light Lass... Plus I miss Light Lass. I'm using Star Boy as an excuse, as when I really missed her was when they intro'd Mekt and there was NO mention of her( or the Lightning family origin). Likewise they've had Timber Wolf who Light Lass was dating for a while...
Though I do remember one comic where they pointed out they needed Light Lass to 'fix' things after Star Boy made stuff heavy.
I know Whedon is doing Cosmic Boy, but haven't heard anything about any of the rest of the Legion- though I got to say, after seeing all the wonderful shots of the HUGENESS of the Justice League in JLU- the Legion doesn't seems SO Legion like as only the 'usual suspects' were battling the aliens.
Other Legionaries that I'd like to show up( besides KK and CB) are Atom Girl aka Vi( didn't she date Lightning Lass at the end of the Giffen era), Cham( in ANY incarnation) and Jeckie(for KK ;-) )
but I'm sure ANY legion fan is going to have 3 or 4 that haven't shown up and a couple of villains.
Oh and before I go. KK is on the 'cover' to Countdown- DC's NEXT weekly series set to start after 52.
The episode from 2-10-07 (the LSV episode, with Mekt's second appearance) has the Lightning family origin, which does show and refer to Ayla. So it is a start. Like you, I hope we see Legion aged Ayla soon.
Whedon is doing a CB comic, or when Cos finally makes the show, he'll be the voice? I haven't heard any of this (Ditto Countdown, but anything KK will of course attract my money)
Now that we've had the Subs and Matter Eater Lad, I'm mostly waiting for KK, Gim and Jan. Cham, of course, would make a great addition. I noticed Invisible Kid amongst the rejected applicants in the Subs episode. Found it weird he wouldn't make the cut, or that the Subs was minus three of its key members: Polar Boy, Night Girl and Fire Lad
Will is doing the voice for Cos. Said he was going to be a 'reoccuring' character like he was for Aqualad.
Sorry can't track down confirmation at THIS moment. but I know I read that somewhere.
As for Countdown- it's on the back(cover?) of this week's Previews. If you need help finding KK- he's right in back of Big Barda in his 'current' outfit.
And it's been 'pointed out' that there are NO VILLAINS on the spread... so people have high hopes of Cass(Batgirl) 'reforming'. However both Jason and Black Adam are in the pic, so we'll see.
Though was 'happish' to see Batwoman in the pic, as it means she won't be dying in 52, which I figured she would as I haven't seen her appear in ANY OYL title.
and sorry I missed the LSV episode. maybe I'll try to give legion a bit more of a chance...but we'll see. Again it's no JLU which is the sad thing.
Ah, Wheaton (Will), not Whedon (Joss)--that's where my confusion came in.
The latest Titans revealed that Bondage Batgirl is a badguy because Deathstroke has been brainwashing her with an evil brainwash drug. It's fucking ridiculous (and thankfully was free).
While no JLU, true, it's LSH, which for me is pure candy
Post a Comment