
This past Friday, already incredibly jealous of Adrienne for having seen it before it was released, I went out and saw 300 with Brian and S#1 (that's code for none-of-yer-damn-business).
I bought my tickets online and then that night invited Chrissy to come along, only to find out the show had sold out. I really need to make it up to her and take her to see it soon.
Can I just say I loved it? If the adaptation of Sin City was fabulous (and I know I have readers who disagree), this was a masterpiece. Really, I think the director caught the Frank Millerness of the book completely. The colours were right, the shots were fantastic and spot-on. Body parts matched Miller's drawings exceptionally well (as an odd example, Miller has a tendency to draw fairly large erect nipples on shirt-free ladies; each instance of breast in this movie had me finding myself thinking "wow, that's a Frank Miller nipple!" Truth.
OK, is the movie, or the comic, historically accurate. Not quite completely. But so what, it isn't a history lesson, it's effing entertaniment for the masses and dime fine entertainment at that.
So anyway, if you're going to watch only one movie with a number for its title this year, skip the Jim Carrey flick and go see 300. Especially if you're a patriot.
2 comments:
See I hate freedom and that's why I don't plan on seeing 300.
Nor am I big on seeing sweaty guys grunting arround the screen.
If I want classic greek- I'll take Warriors ANY day of the week.
So glad you saw it!!
I thought you'd like it, it is just sooo pretty.
And yeah, historical acuracy? Whatever, its just a lovely story told by people with a rich history in oral tradition.
Loved it so very much!
Post a Comment