
And this shall be the post of happiness. . .
Yesterday was my final final of the semester, for my poetry forms class (wherein we did almost zero poetry form study and too much "writers saying the same things, i.e. not much, about writing" reading--I mean, when discussion on every book went exactly the same, it was an obvious exercise in pointlessness). We met in the secret room on campus, shared food and beverage and read aloud our Ars Poetica final projects. The final went on an hour longer than it was supposed to, but still proved to be my favorite class session of the semester.
For the first time in like four or five semesters, I finished grading papers (barring any further late papers, like the one that trickled in this a.m.) on time (and before finishing my own finals, even). It feels nice to finally meet a deadline on this.
I expect to now get flamed by some people, except Aimee, but just how refreshing is it that Melinda Doolittle got voted off the island last night on American Idol? I will happily give you that she was definitely the most talented vocally this season, but man was she the queen of picking boring songs to sing boringly. And the faux modesty? Blech. I'm still surprised my man Blake made it this far and fully expect Jordin will beat him come next week
We midwifed again today and got to hear mystery child #4's heartbeat. Sounds good. Some things are still a little up in the air. Maybe.
8 comments:
Congrats on the finishing of papers on time.
Yeah, Cameron did this killer little victory dance immediately following the results. I'm gonna have to get him to show me that one again. And personally, I have to disagree with you on Melinda being the most talented vocally. Girl could sing but I didn't think she was as all that as they made her out to be.
And coolness on hearing the heartbeat, love!
I don't know, it seemed to me that she had the best control over her voice and was very skilled. If Lakisha had more of her control she'd have surpassed her
Melinda was definitely the most accomplished singer, but she was a professional so really it was no surprise.
Though, Evan, I hope Blake doesn't win. He's gonna get a record deal, but if he wins they are gonna squeeze him harder to fit the Top 40 pop Justin Timberlake clone.
I would much rather see him not have the spotlight of winning and be able to put together a much more independent and creative album.
Great point, Mark.
I now hope he comes in second
You ass muncher!! I haven't watched it yet! Could you have put a spoiler warning in there somewhere???? You...suck...butt.
Heh, heh. Then again, maybe it's not a spoiler after it's already been aired. I love TiVo.
Sorry Shel, really.
Honestly, though, for some reason I thought you guys were anti reality tv
I wish I could say that were true. Unfortunately, I'm a reality tv JUNKEE! I'm not proud of it, but there ya go.
then we should form a support group
Post a Comment