Monday, July 16, 2007

Read a Book


Brian's introduced me to the following two hilarious Youtube videos. I think they're keen; one's a video originally from the BET channel, the other I believe is a mock ad for Smirnoff Ice Tea.

Enjoy.

My last week went all right. Our friend Terry (previously, I may have referred to our friends "the lesbians;" Terry was half of this unit) finally came out of the closet as single again after keeping her broken relationship from us for a year. In her new openness at singledom she's become a lot more social again and on Saturday coerced me into going out for a couple drinks with her (hoping she would meet someone naturally). While out we ran into the Comic Shop Girl that one of my friends is completely crushing on, and her roommates. The night ended up being very fun, with skipping, dancing and plenty of innuendo (I'm having difficulty washing off where one of Comic Shop Girl's roommates wrote "sexay" on my arm).

Sunday was the second session of my new nerdgame session run by me. Everyone still seems to really be digging on it, which is refreshing. We've needed refreshing for a while; having just single GM nerding the past year was a drain on my creativity that I hadn't realized until I offered to take one of the sessions over again. Now everyone's having fun in all the sessions again.

In last night's Deadlands game at Brian's we've inadvertently set up a situation where we cause the Confederate army to blow up the Mormon army (we're on neither side, even though my character is a Moron Blessed). He left us cliffhangering that so I can't know for sure until next time.

Otherwise I've been just trying to enjoy my days spending all this time with my kids.

Meanwhile, I want to thank Chrissy and John for all the work they put in helping me get our Mustang back on the road--and on the same day we officially retired the van for all eternity. And want to thank Terry for being my ride back into town from delivering the van to the dismantlers.

I also want to thank my mom for sending me a birthday greeting on my birthday that primarily was a message about how horrible a son I am to her. It didn't bring my day down at all. Fuck you very much, ma.

I hated Transformers even more than I thought I would. So much so that I actually look forward to seeing Harry Potter.

2 comments:

Drew said...

I sent read a book to my Dad, and both my bros.

I was tempted to tell my older bro to save it for his daughter as I really think it had some good advice.

I think it was f'ing funny at the same time it was educational.
(Buy deoderent... It's not expensive...)

Adj said...

I really am sorry you hated Transformers so much. I understand your reasons why completely though. I was never a huge Transformers fan, so yes, I just found the movie loads of silly fun. However, ask me how I feel if/when the live action G.I. Joe movie gets off the ground...

I saw Harry Potter last night. Not bad. Not great. SO much had to be cut from the book (obviously), but major plot points are there, and Harry doesn't come off as big of a prat in the movie as he does in the book.

Reading my copy of Deathly Hallows now. Anxious to see how it ends :)

Hugs to you and your family of course!