
I just got home from the emergency room. Shortly after my last post I began to feel cramping in my left side and a constant feeling of needing to pee, without the ability to do so. As I am dumb and such, I waited and hoped for it to pass. Shortly after Denise went to bed I began to throw up and get light-headed so I woke her and had her take me to the hospital. After some blood work and some CT scans, and a very very painful catheter (I longed to be unconscious for that one like I was the last time) and a lot of worry that it was stomach or intestinal cancer (as the e.r. doc was happy to remind me that my type of tumor, carcinoid, is much more common to the GI tract than the lung) it came back that I have kidney stones, and will be experiencing the joy of passing them over the coming days. Otherwise my CT and bloodwork were fine, btw. As for kidney stones, all I have is memory of my old friend Steve Silvani screaming from his bathroom years ago when he suffered from them. Ouch, ugh and sigh.
I forgot to mention in my earlier post that this day started off crappy too. With a very deflated tire for the second day in a row I took the Mustang in for a flat repair, only to learn that I had zero break pads and my rotors are shot. This was not an expense I wanted to deal with mere days before rent is due, and I'm extremely pissed that, 2 months ago when I bought four brand new tires, my previous mechanic didn't notice this or bother to alert me to this danger when he was replacing my old tires. Argh squared.
4 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry, love!
{{{BIG HUGS}}}
Kidney stones suck or so I've heard. But I'm glad it wasn't something worse.
Hope you feel better soon.
Geez dude, not good.
But this too shall pass.
(lol. sorry, couldn't resist)
I do hope you and your car feel better soon. Love ya!
thought I posted to this the last time I checked in...
Ouch! So very sorry.
Didn't think a thing about your needing air for the tires when you had to re-fill them( save for the 50 cents they charged you for air). I would say never go to that first mechanic again- as I wonder if he didn't tell you in the hopes that the other problems would lead you to buy ANOTHER set of tires from him- as well as the break pads.
I assume that there's NO WAY that you could've gotten kidney stones due to the tattoo- I say that because I'd feel VERY sad if I was in any way the cause of it.
Post a Comment