
Not a lot of great and interesting things to blog about (wait, no, there's lots and lots; don't want to suggest that y'all won't enjoy my ramblings); part of me is blogging at the moment because I want to shuffle that last post on off of the main page here (and I may just temporarily change my template settings to do so). Not that I regret saying any of it; I just don't want the drama overpowering the reading experience here at casa Peterson on the internets.
As for that last post, thanks for the responses, on and off line. Drama has increased as I expected it would.
A lot of energy on the job search this week (as much as can be had with Rael in tow). I've apps and resumes at jobs ranging from working in a funeral home, as a personal secretary and even a return to bad old Round Table Pizza. Brian mentioned trying to get his dad to hire me and I'm hoping that pans out actually, as I'll still have weekends and evenings free.
The kids are all doing fantastic. Did I ever blog about how I once ran into Lash's 2nd grade teacher (who was just done being his 2nd grade teacher as it was summer and shortly before my surgery) out at the bars and that it really disturbed me because it forced me to see and interact with him out of context? If I haven't I won't elaborate this time, but let me know and I will later. Anyway. Friday night I went out with Chrissy, Chris and Brian in order to further celebrate Chrissy's birthday with her and while we were at the Banshee, we ran into Lash's 2nd grade teacher, who is now one of Aeia's 2nd grade teacher's and that same uncomfortable teacher out of context feeling came out again. Chrissy, bless her, tried to save me by letting him know we had to go, and as we turned to leave he grabbed my arm and drew me back in. All he does in these run-ins is gush about how great my kids are, which is very nice to hear--I'd just rather not hear it at the Banshee.
Saturday we skipped HeroClix so that Denise and I could spend a little extra time together and then we spent more time with the Taylors than we usually do on Saturdays. I over-broke my new diet to eat two of the most fantastic burgers with swiss, mushrooms and alfalfa sprouts I've ever tasted. That night was Dark Tower Deadlands and I pulled off getting John's character killed (I actually didn't want to kill the character, as I enjoyed GMing it, and more so because right before the game I'd joked to John that I was going to kill his character because Chris had commented that Deadlands wasn't as deadly as he'd expected it would be).
We also played spoons, which is lame.
Today was Denise's D&D game. Chris had a new character because his last one got itself killed by Drew during his visit (grin) to California. Chris kept inadvertently shooting the party members with his bow instead of the monsters (blasted cover bonuses!), bringing them to near death many times (not me, as I do my best to refuse to engage in combat at all, even from the back of the group). Despite (or not?) all this, Chrissy's character got eaten by a frog (as she was going down she said I could eat her, so after helping kill the frog by beating it with a towel-wapped bar of soap I did just that and then made myself a pretty new halfling skin coat).
That's the extent, mostly, of the fun excitement for now. I got season one of Dexter in from Netflix thi week so I'm hoping to spend a few hours enjoying that over the coming week.
No comments:
Post a Comment