Friday, October 12, 2007

Breaking Up is Hard to Do



Spent this past week and a half reading books 26 and 27 of the 50 Book Challenge: Anita Blake Vampire Hunter books 5 & 6 (Bloody Bones and the Killing Dance) by Laurell K. Hamilton.

By the end of book six, I remembered why I didn't try very hard to keep up with the rest of the series when it came out (though I'm going to give them a shot anyway, as I'm less perturbed by the sixth book than I was when I read it ten or so years ago)--the whole "have the heroine fuck the wrong guy like a stereotypical helpless female in order to passive-aggressively ditch another relationship" plot turn. You spend too much time in this character's head by now to really buy these turn at all, and so it was very frustrating. But I now have the next three books, and a morbid enough curiosity to find out what happens in them, so onward I shall plod.

No comments: