
This past week has seen a lot of stress for me at work, with my every move every minute of every day under heightened scrutiny as I work my ass off to stay on track for promotion. Things are all still moving forward, but I could really, really use a break, which isn't usually how I get to celebrate my days off either. When I have Saturday off, Denise typically works a full eight hour shift and Tasmia does not like her being gone, and so she wails a lot and won't let me calm her.
Lash tried out for little league baseball this past week, his first year playing. I really hope all of the practices see him improving more and more, and that he has fun. I actually have a lot of worry that in the end he'll spend more time frustrated and upset than having fun. Sometimes he has too-high expectations of himself. His coach says we should get him baseball video games because they'll help him come to understand the rules a little better. I guess I need to try renting at Blockbuster soon, or wherever else might have a baseball game. Hmph.
Tasmia is able to roll and scoot a lot better, requiring a lot more vigilance.
I'm very, very tired and spend too much free time lately brain-deading in front of the computer on Facebook. Just not seeing a lot of motivation to read a book or something lately. I've also been on a higher-than-normal Pixies kick lately.
Recent movies seen: The Martian Child (loved it); The Amateurs (loved it); Bangkok Girl (hated it); The Valley of Elah (meh, ok); Eastern Promises (meh, ok. Cronenberg's last few movies have ended in places/manners not very interesting to me); Eagle vs Shark (decent, too easy to draw comparisons to Napolean Dynamite) and 8mm 2 (awful). If you want spoilers and elaborations on these ratings, let me know.
1 comment:
I'm sorry. I feel your pain. Maybe not about the crappy work and screaming toddler stuff, but I definitely feel your braindeadedness. Is that a word? It should be.
We saw Martian Child, too, and loved it. Of course, I have a not so secret crush on John Cusack from the ol' Say Anything days anyway.
I know I sound like a broken record... but hang in there. List the good stuff. xoxo
Post a Comment