
So Juno comes out on dvd tomorrow. That's a good thing. Its soundtrack is already on heavy rotation here on my laptop.
Work pretty much sucks, more so even than usual. I have new categories of annoying customers to share: The Smarmy Bastard and (subcategory to The Unkempt) The Unattractively Hairy. Your typical Smarmy Bastard has the intonation of the asswipe preppy country club jerk from 80s era teen coming-of-age movies and does things like give you exactly $6 on a $6 order and tell you to keep the change. I've had a lot of those this week. As for the Unattractively Hairy, I have but one example, but it's a doozy (one that goes beyond arm-hair sweaters poking out of t-shirts). Imagine a pretty, shapely, twenty something girl. Nice halter top, well-fit hip hugging jeans and a thatch of untrimmed hedge 1" x 5" (or so) stretching out past the expanse of her pants' waistline. Shudder.
I'm getting completely screwed over by the shift scheduler the past two weeks as well. Last week I was scheduled with night shifts that fell such that I didn't get to even see Lash or Aeia from Wednesday through Friday night. This week I have night shifts five nights in a row, and won't be able to see Lash or Aeia from Tuesday more than a half hour or so all the way through Saturday morning. It's absolute bullshit. And the closing shifts leave me too tired in the morning to get up, be on my best and find something new.
I want to strangle pretty much the majority of Burgerland this week, I'm just very very frustrated.
Grew tired enough of the Mustang never working that we finally got rid of it this weekend. Got a whole 85 bucks for it at the junkyard. Which is actually probably more than the piece of crap was worth. But this leaves us in another screwed for transportation situation while I wait for the IRS to decide how much of our return I get this year and how much gets retained for student loan back payments. Ugh.
I got Guitar Hero 3 a couple weeks back. I like it, but prefer #2, which has, in my opinion, a superior song list. I really want to get my hands on Rock Band. Crossing fingers that it's what Denise is planning for me in June.
What else? I've been writing some poetry. Good times. I'm trying to get some other writing ideas worked out. My friend John wans me to help him with a screenplay, but between full time work, tending the kids when Denise is working, and my current writing output in progress alone and in collaboration with Cammie I just can't give him the time a full length screenplay would need. I feel bad telling him no though, so if he does get a first draft out, I'll probably offer to go through it and polish it some.
Gross. I have calluses on my feet from work.
No comments:
Post a Comment