Saturday, October 25, 2008

Max Payne

Wednesday night (or technically Thursday morning, around 1 a.m., shortly after Denise came home from work) was a painful night for me. It was very late; Denise and I had just gotten Rael into the shower with Denise upon discovering he'd soiled himself in his sleep and I went to descend the stairs and retrieve the sleeping Tasmia for bed.

Around the third step from the top, I missed the step completely and ended up falling down the entire flight of stairs. This was not a fun experience.

All told, I tore one of my toes up, all bloodied and gross, the toenail bent off. Another of my toes hurts a great deal. My entire right foot, right wrist and forearm have bad rug burn (our stairway is carpeted) and I sustained a nasty welt above my left elbow. I also hink I might have been very mildly concussed.

The next day at work, my boss was kind enough to assign me to back drive-thru for the majority of my shift, where moving around would be very minimal. A lot of standing though, which is when I came to discover I'd hurt my side and sored up my back as well.

I did a lot of resting Thursday evening, and had Friday off for more rest, which was nice. As of today, I still have a lot of pain in one toe, and the burn on the same foot is still very tender to the touch, but otherwise I think I'm ok.

No comments: