Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ongoing Conversation Between Me and Rael

This started two weeks ago.

Rael: Daddy, don't be sad, but Santa isn't real.
Me: What? You don't think Santa's real?
Rael: No, he's rubber. Santa's not real, he's fake. He's rubber daddy.
Me: Does this mean you don't want Santa then beca--
Rael: Nope.
Me: Uhm. . .

Rael: Santa IS real, daddy.
Me: Oh, he's real now?
Rael: Yeah, so now he can come.
Me: Ok.

and so on, repeat, etc. And then today:

Rael: I love you, daddy. Santa's not real, daddy.
Me: Ok. So no Santa then?
Rael: No, Santa's coming.
Me: How can Santa come if he's not real?
Rael: He's fake!
Me: Right, so if he's fake, how's he going to come?
Rael: I think I have enough stuff I can make us a robot Santa and he can come.
Me: OK.

3 comments:

Adj said...

Hah! Best "Santa's not real" convo EVER!

Unknown said...

I know, right? I really need to record more of Rael's conversations because he is almost always this funny--when he isn't being so very Danny Torrance.

Adj said...

well, at least he's a funny Danny Torrance... it's good to laugh when you're kid's creeping you out with his 'shining'. lol.