Thursday, January 24, 2013
50 Book Challenge 2013
I'm not actually challenging myself to shoot for 50 this year. I'm happy with finally reaching that goal last year and while I still plan to read all year, I won't be racing myself and I want to spend more time focusing on writing again.
Still, I'll continue keeping a log of what I've read so I can go back and look at my reading trends for the year next year and am happy to discuss any of the reads I share.
As an example of how differently the year is going for me, last January I powered through nine books. So far, this January I've completed two:
*Boon One:* _Wild Cards book 1_ by George R. R. Martin, et al
This is a re-read for me. I loved this series the first time through almost 20 years ago. Having tackled the Song of Ice and Fire in 2010, I decided I wanted to revisit this science fiction super-powers anthology series helmed by GRRM. It was really enjoyable applying a new perspective onto all of these stories and characters.
*Book Two:* _Freshman Freaks_ by Gavin ML Fletcher
The sheer number of randomly placed gay guys in one dorm was absolutely ridiculous, and the sex wasn't all that exciting, but it was good for a laugh and the porn wasn't all that terrible either.
Next up will be a handful of sequels from last year: the next Changelings book, Song of Susannah, the next Hollows book and the next Wild Cards book are all in the queue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment