Happy Canada Day, all my beautiful Canadian-American readers. For some reason, my Canadian friends grouse ever so slightly when I remind them that Canada is America too.
Today I took the van in for an oil change and check up. The owner of the shop was giving out American flags to all of the customers. Lash really dug that. What I really dug was that the owner gave flags to the car next to us, and the owner got all three of her kids waving their flags and singing "O, Canada." That was a hoot.
So, afterward I had to drive foster kid #B to Sacramento Airport and shuffled him on his merry way to a family visit elsewhere (I am being dodgy because foster child identity and whereabouts is CONFIDENTIAL. Shhhh). This was also a pre-test on my part to see if the van would be more likely or less likely to survive the SDCC trip in three weeks. So far, I'm guessing more likely, though I need to watch the temperature. #B was supposed to call here when his plane landed, which would have been 4 hours ago... he's forgetful, and I'm positive I'd have heard frantic calls from other people by now if he hadn't arrived all safe and sound, so I'll just chalk his lack of call to the usual forgetfulness.
Thursday, July 01, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment