For the longest time, I had green hair. A huge fan of Japanese anime as a kid, at the age of ten I first watched the American version of Robotech: Macross Saga and seeing Miriya Sterling's green hair I knew then that green was the proper color my own hair was to be. Of course, I had to wait until adulthood before I could do anything about it.
So, for the longest time as an adult, I had green hair. Occasionally riddled with the random month or two where I allowed it to brown again (oddly, every time my distant friend Adam has visited has been a time when I let the brown lapse back in). Then, for the past year I've been lax and brown again.
Having no idea WHY I'd let it go brown again for so long, I decided today to undergo the process of re-greening my hair. Now I remember why I let it go for so long... damn that bleach is irritating!
See, I have dark brown hair so in order for the green to show, I have to bleach my hair blonde first (which really turns out a light orange, but hey, it's green soon after). The whole bleaching ordeal is a nightmare. Enduring that for thirty minutes of application, and hours of continued irritation after rinse makes every trip down the green dye highway a trip fraught with sacrifice.
So, for next week's vacation I will be freshly green again. Huzzah!
Friday, July 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment