Monday, October 24, 2005

Into the Sunset

A nerdgames update re: Ian's Deadlands game.

Well, a few weeks ago we lost Dusty to the evils of the girlfriend trap, heh, and frankly it caused the game to flounder. An integral and only remaining founder=ing member of the group was gone. Simultaneously, life conspired to make us have to cancel the game for five weeks straight, making all of our hopes for continued nerdgaming decline further and further.

Last night we got back into it, but with a reboot. Ian decided that it'd be best for us all to start fresh. So C.J. "the Kid" Chambers gets to ride off into the sunset and live out her imaginary life however I end up imagining it. I'm glad I can put a "happily ever after" before the "the end" in her book. Now I play a Russian cyborg who pretends she's a Canadian Mountie on the hunt for a fugitive in California. The requisite first night's gaming of all the characters meeting and interacting for the first time was wicked fun. Wicked fun that I've really needed lately. So yay.

3 comments:

Drew said...

I find it interesting that BOTH your deadlands characters are girls pretending to be something they ain't
(CJ- cross dresser; russkie pretending to be canadian mountie).
The second makes me want to ask in Deadlands does Russia still own Alaska?>

And fyi... yeah I wuz one of those people who got North to Alaska's lyrics wrong-' Going north to Russia's home'

Anonymous said...

Hadn't commented in a while but wanted to say hope you had fun with your game, we are going to be playing something (no idea what ~ I was told to show up) tomorrow night.

Hope things are going well with you!

Unknown said...

Drew-- In all my rpg experience, I tend to enjoy characters who are a lot more than their surface; unless I'm paying a goody goody.

Chaos--thanks! Hope your game goes well. Mine's been a blast so far.