Today was our ninth wedding anniversary. We didn't do anything special for it--it falling on a Tuesday and all (we might get a sitter and go out Saturday). The kids and I got Denise some flowers and cookies (and I added a book and dice).
Not a card, phone call or e-mail from any friends in the know or family, though so that kinda blew.
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm so sorry, I had no idea. Well in my habitually late nature...
Happy Anniversary!
Aimee
Oh crap...I am so sorry...did not look at the calendar. To make up, I can watch the kids if you want to go out Friday night...boys will be gone Saturday so I wont have much for entertainment then :( But I will watch them either day.
and following Aimee's suit...
Happy Anniversary!
Love
C
cograts on 9years.
It always surprised me as well that anniversaries never quite get the acknowledgement they deserve. I mean, it's one hell of a lot harder to make it to your next anniversary than to your next birthday, eh? Congrats to you both!
Aimee, Chrissy and Shel: Thanks. I didn't think any of you knew (wasn't sure on you, C.) so I wasn't whining in your direction, in case you felt I was.
Thanks.
9 years is pretty impressive. However, I've always lived under the impression that anniversaries are things best celebrated by the two who are in the marriage and have had nothing what-so-ever to do with the celebration of anniversaries other than my own... ever. Nor do I intend to. Because... it just doesn't seem right. I know I'm the odd one, right? But maybe some of your other friends and family live under the same philisophy....
Anon:
Why celebrate anything of anyone else's then? To me, that viewpoint seems somewhat selfish.
People's birthdays have nothing to do with other people but we still celebrate friends' & family's birthdays, and engagements, graduations, weddings...
Am I to assume you don't celebrate these events with the ones you love either? For me, that's a little bleak.
Aside from that, it isn't as if I seek big celebrations or anything like that; I just think that if you know someone you love or care for is celebrating a happiness, you acknowledge it.
Post a Comment