Thursday, February 15, 2007

One Week


It's been a long week and I've been a little busy here at casa Peterson. I've been a little flu-ey, but better now. Spent the week organizing my remaining comics and playing a little Dead Rising on XBOX360 (Drew, does yours freeze up every now and again? Mine does and it is annoying).

Trial news: the preliminary trial is set for the end of March, so a month and a half to prep Lash emotionally.

Last week my oncologist had me go for my yearly chest ct: I'm a-ok folks. No sign of remission.

I'm tired and literally have no idea what to say right now. I'll be back more regularly next week.

Oh, and finally, I've put the last of my comics up on eBay. Check them out or don't, but if you do bid, and win, mention this blog and I'll take 5 bucks off your total.

6 comments:

Drew said...

It froze a couple of times 'out of the box'( first week or so) but I've since learnt to try and 'limit' game session times to give my machine time to cool off.
Basically I was warned by a friend that her husband( who I think is a doofus) played Dead Rising for lik 13 hours straight and ended up frying his machine... while I've come nowhere NEAR close- I do try to make sure I'm only on for a few hours at a time.

I right now do use the xbox360 as my dvd player( rather like it's control better then the ps2 as a dvd player), but I like to think that takes less 'energy' out of the machine.

Hope I've helpt and not babbled too much.

Unknown said...

You have, thanks. Mine freezes up after about an hour of play (but only for Dead Rising. Neither of my racing games have troubles).

I turn this rental in tomorrow, when I can afford one of my own, I'll have to fork over the dough for a colling fan I'm guessing

Drew said...

I'll keep that in mind when I play dead rising myself...

I'm like 90% I've played rumble roses for over an hour with nothing happening... but will try to clock/look at dead rising on like wednesday( a day off.,..) and see if I have the same problem... as I haven't gotten a cooling fan thingee- but that might not be a bad idea.
One of the reasons I haven't gotten it is because I prefer to have my xbox360 lie flat and the cooler seems to want it to stand up like a tower.

Unknown said...

That they do.

I prefer my consoles to lie flat as well, but I don't have room on my entertainment center for another horizontal console, just two vertical ones. Looking forward to freeing up the space some if/when I ever do get the ps3

Drew said...

Talked to a real 'expert'...

He pointed out that if it was happening with ONE game( you said you didn't have problems with the others)... that it MIGHT be the disk itself. He mentioned that there were a whole bunch of varibles when you talk about vid games.

He also mentioned people with entertainment centers( which you mentioned you have) should make SURE that the console has room to breathe... so it has spece in the center.

Likewise he thought a regular fan might be just as good as the cooling 'tower' esp. as in his professional opinion it is better for the unit and disks for the console to be lying flat ..... which we both thought was a good idea.

Oh and hope you got genocider DR before bringing it back... or zombie road.

Unknown said...

All of my gear has lots of breathing room, the 360 just tends to run hot, I'm finding.

A normal fan, eh? I'll probably try that first, eventually