
In the past week, McBoomerang has grown on me and relaxed a bit, which has made Burgerworld considerably more bearable. ow, don't get me wrong, there were still distinctly sucky moments, the usual really awful customer (this one a screaming ass in front of his little kids over a piece of sausage I tried to give him for free when he complained about not getting it when he hadn't ordered it...long story). Meh. Work is work.
As of ten minutes ago, I have graded, potentially, barring latecomers, my last paper and I look forward to never grading papers again. Huzzah.
Socially, life is in a strange place. I don't really want to elaborate at the moment. There are strands of thought I continue to linger on and mull over significantly.
Denise and I, I think, are doing considerably better, thanks for asking.
Saw I am Legend last weekend. Hated it. I'm not familiar with the original work, so no gripe there, it was just awfully cliched and just so so very bad. The first third, exploring the mindset of a man alone in a nihilistic spiral, was really fascinating, and then it started to blow, and continued to blow, until it finally blew completely.
It's possible I have much to say; I just don't feel I have much to say right now. Sorry.
7 comments:
I am glad to hear you think things are better. That's better than not thinking things are better. If you know what I mean.
I saw I Am Legend last night. Spent the first portion of it all curled up in my seat due to the nihilistic oppression of the whole thing. I really shouldn't see such movies, they do unsettle me so... But yeah, I agree with your synopsis; first part, really really great. Rest of it, not so much. I thought the CGI was pretty horrendous overall. Will Smith for the first hour though? Fascinating to watch.
I'm glad work and the rest are going better. Nothing sucks more then going to a job you hate. Well, I'm sure more sucks then that but you know what I mean.
I agree with your assessment on the movie for the most part although my overall impression was more of a "that was all right" instead of it blew. I thought the cinematography was well done and Will Smith was fantastic. Those two added with the cliched second half don't sum up to "blew" for me I guess. And while the CG wasn't great it served it's purpose. I think we're (the movie going public) becoming a little jaded by special effects.
The CG didn't bother me. Though I am the guy that wants less cg in movies and more "actors in suits playing monsters". I miss looking for zippers.
This is probably nitpicky, but it did take me right out of the film for a moment; I thought the lions near the beginning really stunk. I thought they looked terribly fake, to the point where I wondered, 'why didn't they just get real lions?'
With CGI, I'm just often left with the idea, just because you CAN render something with CGI, doesn't mean you SHOULD.
And yeah, I think to tell the truth, the 'zombies' would've freaked me out even more had they been real people in makeup and tatters. Its just more... real?
Yeah the lions really did blow. heh. I was just asking Shel that very question about the zombies. Why not make them actors. The CG, while making them quite stylized, didn't really add anything to them or the movie, imo. I mean, if they wanted their mouths to open all big they could have done just that with CG on real actors a la the talking wolves in that one movie with the talking wolves.
Exactly, guys, exactly. Andy Serkis aside, I really need more men in rubber suits.
Glad you've found a groove at work... Even if you don't like it (which I think is a good thing, you should aim higher then McManagement) it helps to find a groove to a job.
Glad that things are going better with you and denise after the birth of the next kid... and was happy that you were able to add the tat for her before people started wondering about why you didn't have one for your youngest.
Haven't seen I am Legend. Have read the book and saw Omega Man... I guess IF I see it( big if) I'll sneak into it as it sounds like most of you didn't like it
Post a Comment