Friday, January 11, 2008

Hollywoodland


1) Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
I own +/-1200 DVD titles--some are television series rather than films. I did not account for multi-disc sets either (i.e. Buffy seasons 1-7 counted as seven rather than 39).

2) The last film I bought: Spider-man 3. (for Lash) Season two of Coupling (for me).

3) The last film I watched:
At the theatre, the Mist
On tv, Night of the Comet
Rented, Once

4) Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:

*Whatever children's movie is on heavy rotation during the given month (this month it's Scooby Doo)
*Life as a House (means a lot to me)
*Stardust (watched a lot)
*Saved! (watched a lot)
*The Big Lebowski (watched a lot)
I imagine a world where, now that I've seen it, I'll be watching Once fairly often.


5) Tag 5 people and have them put this in their journal--the ladies in my life, on some level, who all happen to journalize:
Adj, Aimee, Cammie, Chrissy and Shel.

3 comments:

Adj said...

I'm going to answer here:

1) Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
I myself own maybe around 50 movies. Of course, now that I'm married, I own well over a thousand movies and various tv shows :)

2) The last film I bought: Transformers (for Graig), Superbad (for both of us)

3) The last film I watched:
At the theatre, saw Juno last night.

4) Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:

Big Lebowski cause I love it.
The Lord of the Rings trilogy cause its now the default 'I'm bored' movie.
40 Year Old Virgin cause it makes me laugh and it's a movie that proves you can be sweet and vulgar at the same time.
Jaws because it's perfect.
A Christmas Story



5) Tag 5 people and have them put this in their journal.
Yeah, not going to do this one though :)

Unknown said...

How was Juno? That's on my watch list

Adj said...

I really, really liked Juno. Sweet, not sacharine, and very... real feeling. The acting was great all around. It's very, very funny as well. While not something you HAVE to see in the theatre, I definitely recommend seeing it.