As I read through my backlog of old poems, it hits me that I haven't written anything new (with the exception being the translations of Angelina Vidal I've been doing for my Master's Thesis) since December of 2002. For nearly two years now I haven't written a new poem. January 2003 is when we began the process of foster parenting. Since then, I haven't penned new poetry, my steady online communications with friends has come to a drizzle, I've felt less and less inspired...
Is there a causal relationship between the two, or is it just a coincidence? I know I'm a much more busy and tired person, but even when taking seventeen units and working a graveyard shift I found time to write... Am I just blocked or too lazy (oddly, these would be the best answers...)?
If there's one thing I hope, it's that my well hasn't run dry.
I need to start writing again.
Sunday, October 31, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment