Thursday, November 04, 2004

Not Dead Yet

I've decided not to give up on you America. Believe me, I've come very close. I even toyed with writing letters to Oprah Winfrey asking her to forget the car and just fund my emigration to Canada.

Instead, I choose to not give in. This election sucked. This government sucks. It seems to me that the majority of the nation is either blind or stupid, or both. Or just mean and cruel; I really shouldn't discount that option.

I'm a teacher (when budget cuts don't have me laid off that is), and so I've decided to try to educate instead. I've created another new blog: Good Mourning America. The title, while a play on more famous words, is a representation of my feelings--that the good (of which I with great hubris number myself amongst) are now mourning America.

If, in the next four years, the work I do there can sway even one person away from the Dark Side, then I'll feel there's still some hope for us yet. We'll just have to see.

But I'm not doing it alone. This one's a team effort. I already have two close friends joining the effort, and another on the way (I hope). And I'd be happy to welcome more like minds to aid in the cause.

My new slogan:

Bush wins reelection: It's not the end of the world--but it could be.

No comments: