For the first time in a long time, I don't have green hair. For some unknown reason, the dye hasn't been holding as well as normal, and fades almost completely to blonde again in a little over a week. I'm not sure if it's from a change in the blonding, a recent change in shampoo, the color conditioner, or what.
At any rate, I've been having to re-dye the green fairly often the last couple months and it came time to buy some new dye. Only, they didn't have green. Not just my shade was missing--all green was gone. So, as of today, I'm trying out a new color for a while (at least until I can locate some green and go back, unless I enjoy the color break for a while instead): turquoise. I'll be sure to take a picture and post it soon.
As for the contagion... I have an epidemic of kids now who all want their own fair share of non-traditional hair colors. Though they want it, Lash & Aeia aren't ready for a permanent dye, so I compromised and bought some spray-in stuff that washes right out. Now Aeia can be pink and Lash green on occasional temporary basis. And various fosters are jumping on the color-my-hair bandwagon.
We got great reactions from people while out shopping today, but I will admit the sudden influx of neon hair in the house has left me feeling a tad less unique and special. I wonder if I got a mohawk, would they follow suit? ON an additional plus side, the social workers for #1 seem to think that the desire to be crazy with their hair color shows a desire to feel more a part of the family. And they're all great kids, even if they do keep the phone busy all night long.
Tonight I'm stomach achy and vomity. It really effing blows. I'm seeing a doctor again on Friday about the cough I've still had since December. If my stomach's still grungy, I'll have 'em take a look at that as well.
Thursday, May 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment