I guess I should start with Friday morning and my visit to the doctor for my cough. He literally spent only two minutes with me: listened to me breathe, told me I was misdiagnosed with bronchitis because what I really have is bronchitis (I'm not making this up), gave me a scrip for new & different medicine and ushered me off.
And people are always asking me why I don't go to the doctor sooner. In eight years of doctors visits at Chico, I've yet to be impressed by the quality of care. So far, the medicine isn't working, but I am suffering most of its printed side effects.
Friday night was our bimonthly dose of zombie nerdgames. With great fanfare, Ian's firefighter slash serial killer met his grisly end while separated from the others, only to rise up as a harrowed and reinfiltrate the group. What happens in two weeks should prove interesting, especially since Phil's Mormon seems to be getting successful at converting one of the other characters. And then there's the creepy teddy bear and the dead native American.
On Saturday, Denise started up a new nerdgame campaign, but I missed it because of other events. First it was Free Comic Book Day and I took Lash & Aeia to BaT Comics for free comics, and for the hope of getting the FCBD edition of Batman HeroClix. Only they didn't have the Batman. We had to go across town to another store for that. Meanwhile, the kids loaded up on free comic books.
From there was a brief stop for lunch and then I had to take the kids to a birthday party for the Chrises' oldest boy. It was supposed to rain Saturday, but thankfully it didn't, as the party was outdoors at Funland (a place with miniature golf and batting cages). Funland's party host did a bang up job of hosting the kids at the party. Aeia and I had to leave the party early as she didn't inform me she needed help finding the bathroom (or even tell that she needed to use the bathroom) until after she went to the bathroom. Since we didn't have a change of clothes, we had to go. Lash stayed, as he was going to go over to the Chrises' for a sleepover.
Saturday night I went out with Ian and the guys to the bars and play some pool, etc.
Sunday I slept in a bit, gave Liz (Ian's girlfriend) a ride back to her car, went out to lunch with Robert, spent some time with Denise and the kids and headed over to Ian's early for Deadlands...and caught him and Dusty as they were headed out to pick up Paul. Seems Paul got arrested the night before after breaking off from us and had to sleep it off in the county jail, so we had to head to Oroville and pick him up. Back at Ian's for nerdgames, we survived the insurmountable odds we were left at last week (the remaining wormlings retreated from us because another group had their queen in distress. We gave chase and Phil & I killed the queen).
Was good to get a couple days off from all of the drama of the kids and fostering. Now back to it...
Monday, May 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment