Thursday, September 15, 2005
Because I can, and Because the Irony of it All is Somewhat Inescapable
Sometime in the coming weeks I'll be baptising Lash. Thus far, no one but Ian really appreciates the irony of this, and though he isn't Lash's godfather, he wants to be the witness to the event. I'm rather giddy about the whole thing (more giddy even than I am about the Z-Day plan I've got brewing with the boys against the Friday night LARP nerds. Mmm, brains.).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dare I ask how Lash feels about all this?
Has he asked to be baptised... and does he beleive that you have the ( for lack of a better word) creditals to preform a baptisim?
Sorry, I just assumed that a priest had to preform the ritual.
While you're absolutely right that a priest is necessary, that's where the itony of it all comes in for me: I am a priest.
Lash will be perfectly cool with it, especially as I won't be making him change anything about how he lives his life after it.
Post a Comment