Thursday, September 01, 2005

School Bits

Had my second session of classes yesterday (each of my classes only meet once weekly). Wednesday was the day that we were to annouce what our primary genre would be in the graduate writing course. I've been on the fence between poetry (my usual genre, a safe genre for me) and creative non-fiction (what you'd think would be my usual genre given my blogging, but it isn't--and writing in it with more structure would be me working much different mental muscles). Sought my professor for advice on the decision (she's a hard core poet and one of my advisors, and very very much a poet) and she encouraged me to stay with what's safe: that if I want to write about the cancer (which I do), that poetry might be the form best suited to me (in other words, she didn't like my story).

My new Ag class rocks too. It really has my nose working.

No comments: