Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A visit from the real old archives (read: me olde webpage)



9-21-98


I'm getting pissed at a lot of little things lately. I am especially
annoyed with the American press. Ayear ago we were prouncing around,
saying how wonderful we were because we didn't make huge issues out of
our leaders' personal lives, and would therefore never have a "tragedy"
like that of Princess Di. Of course, what has our press been involved
in for the past ten months? It wouldn't be an obsession with our
nation's leader and his prevalence for getting hummers from interns in
the oval office.



Who really gives a damn (if you do, I think you're a
total loser; and if my opinion of you matters that much to you, you're
even more of a total loser)?



I'm more concerned with the good he's done
our economy, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore. And of course he
lied, and of course that's against the law; but please, can you really
expect a married man to come clean to the world that he was having an
affair with his intern? Martin Luther King was an adulterer, and you
don't see folks condemning doctor King for his infedelity (rightly so,
I might add). Hell, president Kennedy shared his girlfriend with his
brother, and Teddy took his for a one-way swim. Why are they so popular
still? Why is Teddy still a senator? It's because Paula and Monica are
dogs, because ole slick willy got himself some puppies instead of a
model. I'd lie about it too.




I really believe it's time we had a revolution against our media:
boycott the sensationalist news papers and television programs, put
these journalists at the bottom of our caste system, dump our refuse on
their lawns instead of in landfills, trade them for the people of
Tibet, anything to make our journalism sincere again.




powered by performancing firefox

No comments: