
So I completely forgot to celebrate Winter Solstice until the 22nd (on the 20th, I was positive the 21st was two days away and didn't realize my error), though once celebrated it was quite Bacchanalian and very very pleasant.
As I likely won't be on again until after the Christmas holiday is over, I wish you all a merry little Christmas.
2 comments:
Ah, I thought one of my co-workers had tagged yesterday as the winter solstice, so I googled... and according to this site-
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/WinterSolstice.html
2006- 12/22.
However another web site says it was the 21st.
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/wintersolstice1.html
so I'm gonna cut you slack and say you celebrated at just the right time.
;-)
Enjoy your festivites with the rest of your clan.
Oh and if it makes you feel ANY better- at the end of the Jewish In Jokes wikipedia entry for Hebrew Hammer; I'm indeed one of those jews who recite the blessing for the candles out of memory and NOT out of understanding.
I felt deep shame as I read that part of the entry... as I don't know a whit of hebrew...
Post a Comment