Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Dreaded Holiday Meme


A mixture of Aimee and boredom has me on this one.

1. Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree?

It's real, but made of plastic.

2. Do you put up Christmas lights on the exterior of your home?
Sure don't.

3. What’s your favorite Christmas song/carol?
I don't have one.

4. What do you like better - turkey or ham?
Turkey.

5. Do you open up any Christmas presents on Christmas Eve?
We usually open one.

6. Have you ever been Christmas caroling?
When I was 17/18 or so.

7. What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
The Mr. Hanky episode of South Park.

8. Have you ever built a real snowman?
Yeah

9. Have you ever peeked into a present and found out what it was before Christmas?
Yeah, but my sister was worse--when she was five she opened everybody's presents and tried to hide her misdeed by putting all of the evidence (presents included) under her bed.

10. What is on the top of your Christmas tree?
An ornament or something. I don't know, that stuff isn't my thing.

11. Do you own a Santa hat?
I do, for purely adult reasons.

12. When was the last time you had your picture taken with Santa Claus?
Long enough ago that I can't recall.

13. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
Sigh.

14. Do you put candy canes on your Christmas tree?
Sometimes.

15. Who is the hardest person to buy for?
Denise.

16. Who is the easiest person to buy for?
Lash.

17. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
Stay home, make them come to me if they aren't already in town.

18. What does your morning of Christmas routine consist of?
Ordered chaos. We're doing something different this year--holidaying with the Taylors, but our usual Christmas day (though Denise and I refer to it as Yule) consists of getting up too early with the kids, passing out gifts, opening them, eating something, the kids going off to play, Denise and I marathoning something on the DVD player (one year was the 3 extended Lord of the Rings. I think last year was CSI. This year I'd shoot for Veronica Mars, but we'll be heading out of the house before any real marathoning would be complete). Me slaving over a delicious ham, etc.

19. What do you want for Christmas this year?
You know, there are material things, to which you already have a guide (plus blank dvds), but really I just want to know that the people I care about are happy. And I want lots and lots of sex.

20. What are you most thankful for this Christmas?
My health, so that I can be here with the local people I love.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Okay, so now I'm sitting here trying to decide if I should be bothered that I'm suddenly feeling synonymous with boredom.

LOL.

Unknown said...

ach! It's not meant to be. Sorry.

And thank ye for the cookies. Yummy

Aimee said...

I mean, I know I'm not the most exciting (not to be confused with excitable--*snort*) person in the world, Evan love, but boring? I'm wounded.

LOL. Don't mind me, I'm in an odd little mood today.

And you're welcome, sweetness.