Saturday, November 13, 2004

the Big Red Stain

I just want to start this out by saying that the veterninary medicine profession really has a nice racket going. There should be medical insurance for pets.

#B.1 has this problem with never remembering to flush the toilet when he takes a leak. The cats prefer drinking their water from the toilet rather than from their water bowl. The other morning I noticed reddish fluid on the bathroom floor; it kept reappearing. When picking Bingo up, red pee squirted out of him...and so off to the vet we went (while I do not like our cats, my kids do...).

Three hundred dollars we can't afford later, Bingo is on antibiotics and is looking at another follow-up visit and tests that should run almost as much. He had a massive urinary tract infection caused primarily from ingestion of urine.

Not the sort of financial output I wanted to make a month before Christmas.

No comments: