Thursday, November 02, 2006

Eternal Gratitude


The police arrested Bryan today and he's now being held at the county jail waiting to find out what the district attorney plans to do with him tomorrow. And it wouldn't have happened if not for Chrissy.

I'm a cynic, and I think most people, seeing Bryan out on the street, wouldn't have done as much as she did. Without the number to the pertinent police detective in hand, maybe they wouldn't do anything. She called me; she gave me all of the pertinent info for me to relay to the detective. And then she waited there, watching him, waiting for the cops. After some time without them arriving, she called me back and got the detective's number herself. And then she stayed and waited, to make sure he was found and arrested. And he was.

She's given our family a priceless gift--one I'll never forget: peace of mind, a little faith in humanity, friendship.

When I sat Lash down on my lap after school today and talked to him about this, he grew very quiet, and when I asked how he felt about Bryan's arrest he didn't say that he was happy; he said he was relieved that Bryan couldn't hurt anyone anymore. Relieved.

I've been a mess all day.

Thank you, Chrissy.

4 comments:

Drew said...

I too am relieved.

I've been worried about Lash myself knowing that Bryan was in the same town as Lash....

She went above and beyond the call of duty- not only calling the police but staying on the scene to keep track of Bryan and to make SURE that he was arrested; esp as it sounds like the one phone call to you wasn't enough.

I'm glad that Bryan has been caught. That's a bright spot in an otherwise dismal week, and of all the stuff to go right- that was pretty high on my list.

Adj said...

Chrissy is a hero.

I'm also relieved and so very happy to hear that Brian is now in custody.

Lash's maturity in dealing with this ugly situation is inspiring and all my love to him and you guys now that this part is over.

I know everything isn't over yet, but Lash is right, at least Brian cannot hurt anyone else right now.

Angie said...

I am relieved as well, love.

Lash is such a beautiful person (even when he was mercilessly whipping my behind at Connect Four) and it makes me happy to know that he can finally have some peace.

You've got some wonderful friends, but I'm sure you already know that.

I'm happy for you--all of you.

Chrissy said...

I don't think anyone else would have done any differently than I did, I just wanted to make sure he did not get away. I am so happy to have been able to help in some way and hopefully give Lash some closure on what has happened.

C