Wednesday, November 29, 2006

This Week in Netflix


Clerks 2, which we already know I adore, mostly.

Some indie horror flick that was damage d and wouldn't play. Grr.

And Splendor, a recent movie by Gregg Araki (Doom Generation, Nowhere, Mysterious Skin) . It was almost surreal, ok not almost, watching a romantic comedy written and directed by Gregg Araki (thankfully it was so splendidly left-of-center, as per usual, that it was still very much a movie of his). The plot deals with the polyamorous relationship between a woman and her two boyfriends, and the complications that ensue when she comes up pregnant. For romantic comedy, it was vastly entertaining, but still somewhat formulaic in ist sticking to the rules of the genre. Worth the rent, though, and not as overtly sexual as his other pictures for all you pervs out there.

I found myself oddly fascinated with Johnathan Schaech's face. I couldn't decide if he's aged well or not--from some angles he looked youthful and still attractive, from others he looked a big aged and dumpy. Evs.

4 comments:

Drew said...

one of these days I'm gonna wise up and change grom greencine to netflix.

I postpone this day because I prefer to use the "little guy" and don't like that netflix are a partner to Wal-mart( see it's wiki)...

On the other hand- don't like that Greencine has only ONE distrubution center...(just checked their wiki) and thus while a co-worker gets new movies from Netflix in one to two days- I have about a week turnarround( between the time I send a movie back and time I get one).

Angie said...

I get Netflix pop-ups out the ying yang, but I've never actually clicked on one. That'd probably be because I still don't have a TV that wants to play nice with my DVD player so it'd be a frustrating waste of time.

But, I did tell Drew I wanted a new baby TV for my room when he asked what I want for Christmas, so maybe...

Anonymous said...

mmmm... Doom Generation... Girls with 'Rose' in their names just do it for me... especially if they are a bit crazy.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I hate being a corporate shill, but Netflix is very fast, and thus ok for the cost